Thursday, I went to the restoration place and went through most of the stuff they took from the house to restore. I already knew all the stuff in the attic would be ok - it was all in bins. The bins are gone, but the holiday decorations, sentimental baby items, and boys clothes that Tim outgrew that are for Joe are all good. I saw some pieces of the china, and it looks beautiful. Can't just replace Grandma's china, so that's really cool that some of that will come home. And most things that were in the drawers and bins with lids are good.
The boys' bedroom furniture looks (and smells) good - and our bed/headboard is good,too. We may need to stain/seal it, since the cleaning process stripped it a bit, if we decide to do that. We will have some history and science books, and a few classics coming back - apparently they were packed in so tight on the shelves that it protected the shorter books. It's fascinating the ways they can restore all kinds of things. They will store it all until we move back home.
We took a bunch of stuff with us - cds and movies - hooray! I snatched some kitchen gadgets - a run through the dishwasher got rid of any last trace of smell. And we have the Legos and some of the Star Wars toys (some ships and men were lost) - they were also in bins, so the bins are gone, and the toys are now in the boys' room. And surprisingly, Joe's animal collection (not dinosaurs) made it and we have that here, too. The Lincoln Logs are good, but I didn't bring them - not enough room here. I also had one set of shelves that I brought back, wiped down, and it's in the living room with some books on it.
We lost a lot, but it was a relief to see the stuff we will get back.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment