Sunday, November 1, 2009

last entry

Hi. This is my last entry, in case anyone is still reading. :)

We are involved in a process of sorting, buying, organizing, paperwork, etc. that will continue over the next few months. It is more involved than a regular move, so it will take some time before we are really settled in.

It is a very good feeling to be in our home, especially as the holidays are approaching. I'm glad we didn't have to spend Christmas in the rental.

It is odd sometimes as I reach for something that we had before the fire, and it's not there and I still need to replace it. Sometimes I turn to get something from a closet, and the closet is in a different location, or I reach for a lightswitch that is on the other side of the kitchen now. A mix of the old and new in my brain that has not yet been integrated. And the new noises are something to get used to. One friend said, "better new house noises than old rental noises" - amen to that.

We have had a few moments of - "hmmm, that didn't come back... no, I haven't seen that." Some of those things are sad because they are not replaceable. Others just get added to the shopping list.

Thank you again to all of you who prayed for us, sent cards, donations, and gifts. We really appreciate everything everyone's done to help us. And thanks for being happy with us as we celebrate being home. God has brought us through this difficult time and provided for us generously.

Thanks for reading -
Caryn

1 comment: