It is very strange not to be able to go home.
We are in our rental duplex, and the rental furniture is nice, and they even made the beds, and put batteries in the remotes for the tv and dvd player! I didn't even know they were bringing those. Of course, it's all courtesy of the insurance company, and it all goes back later, but for now, it's "instant house", as Todd said today.
Shopping is both overwhelming and has it's fun moments! One step at a time. Only so much we can do in a day. Todd's just about having a heart attack replacing all these electronics at the same time ($$), but it's fun to get the new technology. Now it's on to making lists, and more lists. Trying to prioritize what to buy and when to do which things.
I was liking the hotel. I had already been in the hottub, and was in my jammies by 7pm Saturday night. What a great moment. Nowhere to be, no insurance/utilities people to call... ahhhh. I was wanting to stay and hide there a few more days.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am looking forward to seeing the "instant house"! Maybe next week... How's your voice?
ReplyDelete